Kathy Peterson’s clever approach to home décor and inspiring
DIY projects has helped people discover their own personal creative
style. Kathy’s fun and decorative approach is reflected in all
her DIY projects using simple, colorful and creative methods.
began her career working for Hank Williams, Jr. as an assistant
then later went to work for The Grammy Awards in Nashville, Tennessee
where she worked on music showcases and memberships for four
Thereafter, she went on to become a successful national television
producer, director and writer producing the long lived PM MAGAZINE
lifestyle TV series. In 1984, Kathy Peterson Productions, Inc.
was launched where she produced hundreds of corporate videos for
corporations. She also produced and directed numerous television
segments directing Ed Begley, Jr., Roy Rogers & Dale Evans,
Sam Snead and other celebrities.
Today, Kathy Peterson Productions, Inc. (www.KathyPeterson.com)
focuses on celebrity spokesperson services, creative design, product
launches, licensing, product development and consulting, television,
endorsements, and publishing. In addition to her diversified career,
Kathy also was a successful retailer of a small antiques business
selling and hand painting vintage furniture and accessories before
shabby chic became a trend.
For the last 20 years, Kathy has resided in South Florida with her
husband Tom of 20 years along with her four step children. Although
born in Minnesota, she considers herself a southern girl having lived
in Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee.
E: Kathy at KathyPeterson.comn
QUIZ: What’s Your Outdoor Decorating Style?
- Do you like
to entertain outdoors
- Does your porch or patio reflect the same
colors and style from inside of your home?
- Do you like to have
coffee and read the paper in morning outdoors?
- Do you use your outdoor space as an additional room?
Budget Decorating Ideas
- Go on a Treasure Hunt in Your Home
- Paint is inexpensive yet give Big impressions
- Rejuvenate old furniture with fabric and paint
- Repurpose everyday items into new ideas such as using a
ladder as a plant holder, position a mirror on a table, float
candles in a birdbath
Patio Entertaining Ideas
- Decorating gets people in the mood
- Create an out-of-the-ordinary theme such as a spa,
rock garden, or antique theme
- Use lots of fresh cut or potted
- Use lots of cushions for comfortable and colorful seating
with Flowers or Potted Plants
- Use edible flowers as food garnishes
- Surround serving plates with
flowers for a fresh new look
- Tie a flower onto a napkin for a
creative napkin ring
- Place small potted herbs at each place setting
for spicing up food or as a party favor
- Float flower heads in
a bowl of colored water
Holiday Home Décor
- Out of the $13.5 billion spent on
seasonal and party decorations market in 2003, consumer spending
on the Fourth of July accounted for
$640 million in total sales according to Unity Marketing
- Enhance permanent
wreaths with fresh cut greenery
- Use a single color for more impact
on a Christmas Tree
- Don’t forget the bathroom, a simple
holiday embellishment attached to a stack of towels can have
Look & Feel
- Create a fresh new look by painting a porch
or patio floor using a faux tile look
- Create conversation areas
by grouping two chairs and a small table
- Anchor furniture groupings